Products > Remote Sensing > Earth Observation Integrated Ground Segment
Earth Observation Ground Stations
In-house designed from RF to Ethernet, our Earth Observation Ground Segment is based on our CORTEX product range and offers turnkey solutions for satellite autotracking and data acquisition, for data processing (transposition, demodulation, ..). With an easy step to full-hot-redundancy, all our equipment are network-centric controlled by a multi-mission-ready Monitoring & Control subsystem.
Our integrated Earth Observation Ground Stations are industrially COTS-designed systems, allowing an easy modularity at design time, and a lifelong multimission capability. Being made of simple elementary bricks, Zodiac Data Systems integrated E/O ground stations can be delivered on a very short notice without any compromise on the quality.
Already integrated by most of satellite systems integrators, our systems easily interface with primary control and mission planning systems (payload and TT&C), thanks to a 100%-based TCP-IP communication based on the Cortex winning-award and XML standards.
We can also propose specific customizations for non-typical requests.
- Mission success assured thanks to field proven use of our systems (Polar Epsilon , Pléiades, Helios...)
- Immediate operations & long term evolutivity thanks to Cortex worlwide acclaimed field-proven compatibility with most of existing and upcoming missions
- Mastering of the costs due to optimized solutions based on rationalized sub-elements
- One-stop-shop and single point of contact for maintenance & sustainement with all elements being in-house designed
Multimission Cortex-centric architecture
CORTEX product range :
- Cortex HDR : High Data Rate Receiver / Demodulator up 2Gbps
- Cortex CRT : Integrated command ranging and telemetry baseband system for satellite LEOP and house-keeping operation applications
- Cortex ACU DTR : System for antenna control and autotrack operations.
x-band tracking antenna sytems
ZODIAC DATA SYSTEMS designs and installs multimission ground stations equipped with full motion antennas, fixed or mobile for tracking and data reception of Moving Earth-Observing Satellites for both military and civil applications:
- Dual shaped reflectors
- Dual polarization in X-band
- G/T from 29 to 35 dB/K
- QPSK, 8PSK, 16QAM+
- Up to 1.6 Gbps in X-band
- Flexible RAW data recording
- Optional S-band for direct tasking and TT&C
ZODIAC DATA SYSTEMS has been historically designing and producing Radio Frequency hardware in various bands for numerous applications. The most logically, we tap this in-house resource to internally source all the RF components that are involved in our Earth Observation ground stations.
With a 100% RF chain designed by ZODIAC DATA SYSTEMS, we ensure the highest efficiency and the largest margin that could ever be leveraged from the antenna size.
Moreover, we offer to our customer a single point of contact for supplying all parts of the station, with an obvious commitment of continuity in the producing of these parts.
In-house designed & manufactured (X and S)
- Dichroic sub-reflector for dual-band use
- High isolation dual polarization feeds
- Pseudo-monopulse tracking feeds
- Low Noise Amplifiers
- S-band pre LNA protection filters
- Hot redunded modular SSPA
- Up and Down converters
M&C - Monitoring & Control S/W
Beyond the hardware and the system integration, Zodiac Data Systems has developed an expertise in supplying a multi-mission easy-to-use Monitoring & Control software suite.
TCP-IP-communication-based, the M&C server allows a remote control and configuration at the system and equipment level, from anywhere in the world.With all functions to automatically load pass plans and applying relevant configuration files to the equipment, the M&C server is even able to perform pre-pass auto-tests, resolve pass and satellites conflicts, log data, produce performance curves, and much more. Most of in-the-field systems are monitored and controlled remotely, with un-manned on-site operations.
- Equipment M&C
- System M&C
- System configuration editor
- Test configuration editor
- Pre-pass system auto-testing
- TLE and passes auto-spooling
- User-configurable log-book
- Consolidated curves editor
- Multi-pass conflict auto-resolver (priority editor)